Student Loans

Can Congressman Peters help me?

My office is able to assist San Diego students with loan application and management.

We can help you:

  • Serve as a liaison between our constituent and the federal agency
  • Request updates on open or pending applications or loans
  • Obtain details about repayment plans that may be available to you
  • Assist institutes of learning with accreditation and other federal issues

We cannot:

  • Cannot force the change/decrease/forgive a student loan or interest rate
  • Cannot force a loan servicer to change/decrease/forgive a student loan or interest rate
  • Cannot force the Department of Education or your servicer to change your default status

How to get help

'width' : 300, 'params' : {} }; document.write('');

Click the link above to access the privacy release form. Please complete, print, and sign the form. Once completed, forms should be emailed to or mailed to our office at 4350 Executive Drive, Suite 105, San Diego, 92121. Once we receive your completed form, we can begin to work on your case. 

'height' : 90, 'width' : 728, 'params' : {} }; document.write('');

As we address your concerns, please keep in mind that we cannot force an agency to act in your favor.  The rules of the U.S. House of Representatives do not allow us to intervene in, or influence the outcome of, cases that are under the jurisdiction of any court.  Finally, our office cannot intervene in matters under the jurisdiction of local, state, or foreign governments.

Below are some useful links and information regarding student loans. If you need additional assistance, please contact my office at 858-455-5550.

Leave a Comment