At Lafayette (5-12, 2-5 PL) 59, American (3-15, 2-5 PL) 57
Easton, Pa. – Lafayette junior guard Makayla Andrews dropped 19 points to lead the team to a 59-57 win over American on Wednesday morning.
* Andrews added five rebounds, four assists and three blocks.
* Lafayette sophomore guard Abby Antognoli scored 12 points for the third-straight game in double figures. Antognoli also had nine boards and five assists.
* American junior forward Emily Johns paced the Eagles for the second-straight game with 15 points, to go with seven rebounds.
* Freshman forward Molly Lavin contributed 11 points and seven rebounds while junior guard Anna LeMaster scored 10 points.
Holy Cross (15-3, 7-0 PL) 59 at Colgate (10-8, 4-3 PL) 49
Hamilton, N.Y. – With a 59-49 win over Colgate, the Holy Cross Crusaders have started League play 7-0 for the fourth time in program history.
* Junior guard Bronagh Power-Cassidy scored a game-high 19 points, while sophomore forward Lindsay Berger recorded her third career double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
* Holy Cross junior guard Cara McCormack added 10 points and a season-high six rebounds.
* As a team, the Crusaders went 21-for-41 (.512) from the field and 5-for-8 (.625) from the arc.
* Colgate sophomore guard Taylor Golembiewski netted 11 points followed by Alexa Brodie (9).
Army West Point (5-12, 3-4 PL) 52 at Bucknell (6-12, 2-5 PL) 43
Lewisburg, Pa. – Army registered its third League win on Wednesday night after defeating Bucknell, 52-43.
* Senior forward Kamryn Hall led Army with 17 points, five rebounds and three blocks.
* Senior forward Sabria Hunter finished with 10 points, 13 rebounds and four steals for her 10th double-double of the season.
* Bucknell senior forward Emma Shaffer stuffed the stat sheet with 15 points, 15 rebounds, two assists, and two blocks.
* Senior guard Tai Johnson scored 11 points to mark the fifth consecutive game scoring double figures, Johnson also recorded a season-high four assists.
At Boston University (12-6, 7-0 PL) 84, Navy (1-17, 1-6 PL) 41
Boston – Boston University defended home court with an 84-41 win over Navy to mark the team’s largest-margin victory this season.
* Four BU student-athletes scored double-digits: sophomore guard Alex Giannaros (22), junior forward Caitlin Weimar (17), Maggie Pina (13) and Maren Durant (10).
* Giannaros shot 8-for-9 from the field and 5-for-5 from three-point range.
* Weimar grabbed 14 rebounds for her 10th double-double of the season.
* Navy junior guard Sydne Watts finished the game with 16 points followed by Mimi Schrader (8), freshman guard Maren Louridas (6) and senior forward Lindsay Llewellyn (6).
At Lehigh (8-9, 4-2 PL) 72, Loyola Maryland (7-11, 2-5 PL) 65
Bethlehem, Pa. – Lehigh outscored Loyola, 19-12, in overtime to record a 72-65 victory over the Greyhounds.
* Junior guard Mackenzie Kramer netted 21 points, while senior forward Frannie Hottinger had 15 points, four rebounds, two steals and two assists.
* Freshman forward Lily Fandre led all players with a career-high six assists to go with 11 points and seven rebounds.
* Loyola sophomore forward Lex Therien scored double digits in points (28) for the fifth-straight game and grabbed 15 rebounds for her ninth double-double this season.
* Graduate student guard Taleah Dixon (14) and senior guard Bri Rozzi (10) also chipped in double-digit points.
ABOUT THE PATRIOT LEAGUE
The Patriot League is in its fourth decade of academic and athletic achievement, continually demonstrating that student-athletes can excel at both academics and athletics without sacrificing high standards. The Patriot League’s athletic success is achieved while its member institutions remain committed to its founding principle of admitting and graduating student-athletes that are academically representative of their class. Participation in athletics at Patriot League institutions is viewed as an important component of a well-rounded education.